Happy to give an update that yes, we are cooking a Yocto layer to bring the Yocto world nicer into the Pantavisor mindset and vice versa.
Right now in GitHub - pantavisor/meta-pantavisor: Yocto Layer for Pantavisor.io you will find a set of scripts, classes and recipes that should make your life easier.
All of this is highly experimental, so expect things to change and break substantially during next weeks/months.
Right now, go for the refactor1 branch where we have a README: meta-pantavisor/README.md at refactor1 · pantavisor/meta-pantavisor · GitHub
With this layer you right now can try to:
- Add pantavisor as appengine install to your image as a package
- Export your existing userland from an image as a pantavisor deployable container
- Export the BSP parts of an image into a pantavisor deployable bsp container
- Produce a bootable “revision 0” image with Pantavisor installed running in system mode and mix a set of existing containers into it.
- Package pvrexports hosted in ftp locations using pvrexport class.